Celebrate Derby Day in the Oregon District
The Oregon District’s third annual Derby Day Running of the Wieners race is back this year and is bigger and better than ever!
Saturday, May 5th 2-6pm
We have outgrown our space on Clay street and are moving the races to Pine Street.
Come out for this family-friendly day!
Schedule of events:
- 2pm: Trolley's 1st Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest!
- 3pm: Dog Parade (all dogs are welcome and costumes are encouraged) Beginning in the Trolley Stop Plaza and commencing at Pine Street where the races will be held
- 4pm: Let the Races commence!!!!
- Hang out with Gina from 99.9 fm, get your face painted, pick up some doggie treats, watch Boy Blue create a sidewalk mural, grab a lemonade and balloon animal, and more!
- Adoptable dogs will be out and about ready and waiting for you
- 5:30pm: Costume and Race Award Ceremony
- 6pm: Sit. Stay.
- Hang out at your favorite bar or restaurant. Grab a bite. Get a Mint Julep. Enjoy the festivities!