PART-TIME EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Oregon District Business Association (ODBA) is seeking an imaginative, creative, and outgoing person to fill the permanent part-time position of Executive Director of our non-profit neighborhood business organization.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who has a commitment to growing the Oregon District business community. Candidate will have experience in event planning, project/budget management, community development, social media, and marketing. The Executive Director will be the primary ambassador to the community and must be an independent, self-motivating individual, who is able to communicate and work effectively with the community, committees, and board of directors.
ABOUT THE ODBA
The Oregon District Business Association (ODBA) is a non-profit, 501c6 organization comprised of community volunteers representing businesses. The ODBA works to promote the general business interests of its members by strengthening community involvement through activities and outreach, sharing business knowledge and talents, and maintaining a positive identity for the Oregon District’s businesses, restaurants and shops.
This is a new position as a solo employee that reports directly to the Board of Directors.
We are seeking someone who has an interest in and ability to help us craft this new position. The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the administration and programs of the ODBA as well as establishing alternative revenue sources, implementing events, marketing, and community outreach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Planning and management of Hauntfest, our primary fundraiser
- Planning and promoting special events designed to promote the ODBA’s mission or other like-minded missions, including but not limited to Derby Day, District Day, Holidays in the District, and First Friday
- Establish alternative revenue streams including but not limited to sponsorships, grants, and fundraising events
- Attend monthly meetings and work with the board, ensuring that board committees and efforts are well-organized and funded
- Cultivate good relationships with local media and provide oversight for ODBA’s presence in social media
- Cultivate good relationships with both member and non-member businesses in the Oregon District and immediate surrounding area
- Event planning and implementation experience
- Proven ability to remain self-motivated while working alone
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to plan profitable events within budget
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours throughout the year, with availability for key events outside the framework of normal business hours
$20,000-30,000 20-30 hours per week
Submit your resume and cover letter below